Friday, October 9, 2009

Finally! New Xiahe Travel Info...

I want to apologize to anyone who has come to this blog looking for up-to-date information on the Xiahe region, because you have not been finding it here.


The only excuse that I can offer is that I have three young children at home (ages 1, 2, 3) and I travel almost non-stop (3-5,000 km/month) in my little Chinese van. So I am busy.

(BTW, that is my 3 yr old son Gabriel in the pic, with my van in the background)


Here are a few quick updates:


Travel restrictions have almost entirely been lifted in the region, and Snowy Mountain Cafe in Xiahe re-opened in July with menu full of our old favorites, as well as a few new dishes.

As of October 9th, 2009, Xiahe and Langmusi are still open for tourists.


If anything changes, I will try to post the information here on this site!


FYI, our Langmusi restaurant will be open in March of 2010.

1 comment:

Richard/Karen said...

We sure enjoyed our trip to the region. Beautiful country and Beautiful People...Snowy Mountain Cafe had great food and was a relaxing warm place to be on a chilly evening and morning. We hope to return...
Richard and Karen